Welcome readers!
Once again, for those who need a recap of my project, please check out my project proposal page which can be found through the tabs bar on the top of my home page. For those who have been following my journey, thank you and welcome back!
Jessica and I had a really productive week of yoga and meditation, as it was completely necessary with the amount of stress and work we had to deal with. We have been continuing to wake up for a 20-25 minute yoga session before we begin our days of classes. Some mornings have been a little harder to roll out of bed, but we have motivated each other to make it to the mat each time. This week we convinced two of my other roommates to join the morning yoga session.
Updates
Jessica and I had a really productive week of yoga and meditation, as it was completely necessary with the amount of stress and work we had to deal with. We have been continuing to wake up for a 20-25 minute yoga session before we begin our days of classes. Some mornings have been a little harder to roll out of bed, but we have motivated each other to make it to the mat each time. This week we convinced two of my other roommates to join the morning yoga session.
I have also been adding yoga to my workout routines, in order to stretch after a more strenuous exercise. I have definitely noticed a difference in the soreness of my muscles, in comparison to when I do not add yoga stretches. I have found this yoga session with Adriene to be extremely helpful the day after a heavy workout.
I have also continued to fill out my health criteria chart, which you can take a quick peek at here...
Stress Level
My stress level has remained the same this week, mainly because I have a lot of school work and my sister is getting married this weekend. I have been trying to buckle down and get my work done, but I do feel as though my effort to wake up in the morning allows me to start my day earlier and reduces some of my stress. I have also noticed that when I use night meditations before I go to sleep, I do not have stressful thoughts or problems with overthinking when I am trying to fall asleep.
Energy Level
My energy level has also stayed relatively static, this is because I have not had the right amount of sleep. I have noticed that throughout the day I have a better ability to focus and not take naps or rest for short periods of time.
Eating Habits
My eating habits are very similar to last week, I have not had urges to eat out, snack or skip meals. I have been able to maintain a healthy diet and feel good throughout the process.
Body Image
I have noticed that I have built up my core, arm and ab strength through the addition of yoga to my daily routine. I have had a bit of a difficult time seeing any physical changes; however, I do feel a lot healthier.
Goals for Next Week
- Go to bed EARLY
- Keep an eye on my stress level
- Increase the amount of yoga I do during morning sessions


I really enjoyed reading your blog post! It really motivates me to try and incorporate yoga into my daily routine!
ReplyDeleteHi Miss Di Iorio!
ReplyDeleteI love your genius hour idea. I have recently just started doing yoga this year and I love the videos by Adriene as well. It's interesting to see how Yoga has affected you.