Welcome readers!
For those who need a recap of my project, please check out my project proposal page which can be found through the tabs bar on the top of my home page. For those who have been following my journey, thank you and welcome!
Before I get started I wanted to show you my progress in a log I will be using every week. The scale ranges from 1 to 5 in each level of health criteria I have decided to look at.
Ultimately by the end of my project, I hope to have gained an understanding as to how my body and mind react to incorporating yoga and meditation into my daily routine. So far my Genius Hour Project has been amazing! I have not only decided to extend my proposal but have now gained a friend in my journey. Myself and my roommate Jessica have been waking up at 6:30 every weekday to participate in a 20-minute yoga or meditation session before we head to class. We follow along to different guided yoga classes on youtube, as well as after some stressful days we incorporate a before sleep meditation. You can read about how Jessica is feeling about our experience on her blog.
Since beginning my Genius Hour Project I have found an incredible change in myself and well-being. Focusing on each of the health areas I felt would be most impacted, I can see the gradual change that I am tracking through my experience.
Stress Level
Before beginning my project, I had a very high-stress level as my school year had just begun and I felt as unprepared as I usually did. When I began putting yoga and meditation into my schedule I noticed that I felt more relaxed about my workload. However, I do think there is still an obvious need for improvement.
Energy Level
Before beginning my project, I felt as though I had little to no energy, ranking my score at a 2 in my log. I was excited to begin a new school year and be back with my friends, however, I began to indulge in my Netflix/homework late-night lifestyle. I would begin my day in a tired mood and often have to take a nap in order to continue the rest of my day. I now feel as though by waking up early and starting my day with yoga and meditation, I have been more awake during classes and found it easier to fall asleep at night.
Eating Habits
I have always had a difficult time eating in the morning, however, since beginning this project, I have noticed that I have an easier time eating breakfast and starting my day off properly. I feel as though pushing myself to wake up early has influenced me to incorporate healthy eating habits into my morning and throughout the day. I have also noticed that I am less hungry throughout the day, as well as I have not been craving the more unhealthy foods that I usually do.
Body Image
Body image has been a tough piece of criteria to track as it is not always easy for me to feel as though my body is changing. I have noticed, however, that I feel more flexible and stronger in my core. It is a process but I am pretty happy with how I am feeling so far.
Resources we use & you can too!
Don't forget to keep up with my journey and other updates on Twitter
Until next time...
![]() |
| https://images.app.goo.gl/tjqGHMzdCGfZSxyB9 |




Comments
Post a Comment